Volpe Curtains & Blinds offer a comprehensive, tailored and professional interior design service.
When looking for Interior Design Sydney, Volpe Curtains & blinds should be your first choice. Our service can include specification of paint colours, window furnishings, soft furnishings, hard surfaces, furniture, wallpaper, upholstery, lighting and rugs.
New builds and renovations – interior design Sydney
Creating that overall concept, from one room to the whole house, new build or renovation. Where necessary, Volpe Curtains & Blinds can make the engagement of tradesmen, offer management of tradesmen and onsite project management if required.
Our top 10 interior decorating tips
1. Mix your patterns
- Lift a room by mixing several different patterns in different sizes and colours
- Play around with the fabrics until it looks right
2. Choose your design style
- Don’t be afraid to combine styles such as combining French Louis arm chairs with a modern linen sofa and a mid-century glass coffee table
- Mixed styles are less likely to date and creates a more interesting space.
3. Add texture to a space
- To add depth and warmth to a space add texture
- Spaces designed with all hard shiny surfaces often feel cold and unfriendly
- Mix textures such as Timber, linen, leather, wool, old brick work, metals or antique furniture.
4. Plan your room
- Draw up a floor plan before purchasing any furniture, rugs, lighting for your room
- Scale and measure to make sure everything fits the space
- Plan your scheme to ensure that your furniture and fabrics work together.
5. Choosing fabrics
- Understand the different textures and weaves available for curtains and upholstery
- Light weight silks are not suitable for furniture, find something that is durable and wears well
- Speak to our Interior Designers to help you select the right fabric.
- Lighting gives a room mood and creates a comfortable space
- Kitchen and laundrys require different lighting to living areas and bedrooms
- Dimmers to downlights create mood when required
- Consider pendant lights as beautiful and functional accessories to dining rooms and over kitchen benches
- Floor lamps and table lamps give a room intimacy.
7. How much to spend
- Have a budget in mind when decorating
- Consider the quality of the products and how long you want them to last as well as comfort
- In the long term it is actually more economical to invest in quality
- Save up for that special piece instead of settling for a cheap lounge suite.
8. Ready-made vs custom made cushions
- Ready-made cushions are an easy and affordable decorating soluiton
- Custom-made cushions are a luxury item but can be the piece that makes a room ‘sing’
- Ready-made cushions often have cheaper foam inserts while custom made cushions can specify a mix of feather and down.
9. How to update your room without spending a lot of money
- Scatter cushions, lamps and throws are an easy and least expensive way to decorate a room
- You will be amazed how different and updated a room can look by simply replacing or adding throw cushions, new lamp shades and a throw
- Consider recovering your favourite piece of furniture as a centre piece.
10. Create a room that is ‘You’
- Your home should be a reflection of you, your family, your needs and your taste and interests
- Think about what your needs are, how the room is used, the size of your family, how your needs will change
- Think about the colours you like, what style you like, what items you want to keep, what items mean something to you
- Your old or meaningful pieces can be combined into your new interior scheme to make your house a home.